Lazada Epic

Thursday 7 February 2013

Chayote Vegetable Garlic

Don’t get mistaken with Coyote, spells almost the same, sounds almost the same, but it is definitely not the jackal or the fluffy brush wolf. It is totally opposite and not meat. Chayote here is a type of vegetable.

When I first saw this vegetable with the curls, I thought it was paku-pakis (Diplazium esculentum) a type of vegetable fern. Seems like it was not a very favourable vegetable as there were still many packets on the shell.

After reaching home, and having a second look it seems like it does not seem like what I thought it was. It did not really look like the paku-pakis anymore as there was not as much curls as it was supposed to have as a paku-pakis. And the leaves looks like maple leaves. Something must have gone wrong. I did not think it could be a poisonous vegetable else it won’t be sold in the supermarket. As I was not quite sure about the taste of the vegetable anymore, I decided to cook it the simplest method. Garlic. This is to have a more clear taste of the vegetable for the first time.

Later on, I surf the net and found out that it has a fruit where is called vegetable pear with smooth skin and crunchy texture.  It is pronounce as Cha-yo Tee, Sechium edule. But it is a categorize under the gourd family, also known as mirliton, choko, chrisophine (not Christopher) and other names in different countries. This totally green vegetable carries a total of 15 names. Cool? In fact, I read some blogs, Chinese calls it dragon beard vegetable. 


I have yet to try out any Chayote fruit, if I do, I will sure share the recipe.


Ingredients
1 pack Chayote leafs
3 cloves garlic
Prepare & Cook
Heat oil
Fry 3 cloves garlic
Add Chayote
Parsley Powder
1 table soy sauce
1 table oyster sauce

While cooking, it cross my mind, since I had no idea how this vegetable would taste I added some soy sauce and oyster sauce, just in case the vegetable was bitter.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment